Tagline

Stop in. View our facilities...

We have a wide selection of products for your FURRED, FINNED and FEATHERED Friends!

Meet our staff who can help you choose the right breed or pet to suit your household.

We give our customers friendly, small town service from a caring and competent staff.

-Open Monday-Saturday

-Large Selection

-Competitive Pricing

-Convenient location in Dodgeville

We look forward to meeting you and help to serve the needs of your Best Friend!

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Meet our dog trainer.. Kelly!

Kelly Marean - marean@tds.net
Member-International Association of Canine Professionals
A.K.C Canine Good Citizen evaluator

I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t surrounded by dogs. I grew up tagging alongside my mom and all of her dog friends as she taught obedience in the 1970’s. Mom followed this with her dog grooming and boarding business, of which I always felt a part of. So having this background, as the saying goes, I turned into my mom!!

In 1998 I started taking my collie to classes where Alisha’s Best of Friends currently is. A couple of years later I was asked if I wanted to start teaching. Of course I jumped at the chance and have been there ever since. I currently teach Puppy Headstart (AKC S.T.A.R. puppy), Beginner Obedience, Intermediate Obedience (AKC Canine Good Citizen) and Beginner Agility. I also offer private lessons at Alisha’s as well as a Board and Train service in my home. I really do enjoy helping people with their dogs. Having a dog should not be stressful. If it is for you, I’m here to help you with a common sense philosophy- “catch them being good”! Bottom Line: the Foundation Skills that I’ve developed and teach to my clients work. I take dog training very seriously. I attend seminars, read all the books I can that are written by well known trainers and most importantly practice what I preach.

My thoughts on dogs: Build a relationship, gain mutual respect and enjoy every moment with them

My household consists of 3 dogs. Gal, my 4 year old Labrador, Podgie, my 2 year old Portuguese Pointer and Silas my 2 year old mixed breed. These 3 and all of the others who have been in my life have taught me so much: humility, patience, consistency = success, it’s not personal! and most important every day is a TEN. They’ve also given me: confidence, trust, respect, and lots and lots of laughter and love.

But I can’t forget my husband, who was not into dogs when we first met! my daughter, Averey, 9, and son, Brett, 8. Everyone in my family both two legged and 4 legged support what I do and help me with training and my small boarding business.