Tagline

Stop in. View our facilities...

We have a wide selection of products for your FURRED, FINNED and FEATHERED Friends!

Meet our staff who can help you choose the right breed or pet to suit your household.

We give our customers friendly, small town service from a caring and competent staff.

-Open Monday-Saturday

-Large Selection

-Competitive Pricing

-Convenient location in Dodgeville

We look forward to meeting you and help to serve the needs of your Best Friend!

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Meet Pam.. Our "Dial a Dog Trainer"

Pam Richardson - boston@mhtc.net
Member of the International Association of Canine Professionals
Member Parson Russell Terrier Association of America
AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator

I have been showing, breeding and training dogs for over 40 years. Past experience includes teaching group obedience classes and agility classes, working as a groomer and Vet Tech and managing a very busy Veterinary practice and boarding kennel. For the past 10 years I have been whelping and raising litters of puppies for a well known Labrador Retriever breeder. I am active in both obedience and conformation competitions, showing Labs, Miniature Dachshunds and Parson Russell Terriers. I currently own 4 Labrador Retrievers, 2 Parson Russell Terriers and one naughty Miniature Dachshund. They all manage to keep me humble and teach me something new every day. In my home, I do some “board and train” for select clients. This involves the dog/puppy living with my family for a period of time while we work on various training or housetraining issues. Puppies/dogs are generally with me from 1 to 6 weeks depending on client needs.

Currently, I no longer teach group classes but am available for private sessions and always available for phone or email consultations. All private sessions are held at Best Friends (no in-home training).

My special interests include, training small breed dogs, puppy manners, socialization and housetraining.

Recently, I was honored to be invited to present a seminar on training small breed dogs for the Iowa County Humane Society “Paws n Claws” program and I continue to volunteer my training services to ICHS whenever requested.

In my “spare” (non-doggy) time, I am a Registered Nurse and Certified Asthma Educator, author, wife, mother of grown children and proud grandmother of Jacob!